Thursday, December 31, 2009

SBS Korea Drama - You Are Beautiful ("YAB")

Broadcast period " 7 Oct to 26 Nov 2009
Cast :
Jang Geun Suk as Hwang Tae Gyung
Park Shin Hye as Go Mi Nam
Jung Yong Hwa as Kang Shin Woo
Lee Hong Ki as Jeremy

Last 2 weeks, my colleague recommended me a "very nice" korea drama. I got to know that the drama she is referring to was YAB. I actually had the drama but did not watch. Since my colleague hates korea drama but yet recommended me this drama, I decided to watch it first.

I just finished watching this drama last weekend, it took me 2 days to complete. I realised it was enjoyable watching this drama, since I have not watched any good dramas this year. Even the highest rated HK TVB drama this year, Beyond The Realm Of Conscience and the "Chai Gau and Sei Lai Lai" series was not even half as good as this drama.

I just knew that this drama was so popular, it has 673 thread pages on soompi now, and each member can only post 5 posts per day. I saw in the thread that when the drama was airing, about 700 users will log in to the forum to post! In Soompi fan club, it has more than 2000 fans, much more than my beloved TVXQ and other popular korean artiste.

I also realised there is such dvd called director's cut dvd which will include a lot of edited scenes from the tv version. The pre-order price is US$120 and US$12 shipping. It's SOOO expensive, but I decided to buy it since can watch all the edited scenes, with a lot of NG's included. This will be the most expensive dvd that I have bought in my life! Can only receive it in Feb 2010. Hope it will be worth my investment.

Below are some blog links which describes more about the craze of this drama:

Link on the pre-order dvd cut version http://minamdvd.wordpress.com/
Soompi fan club - a lot of goodies http://www.soompi.com/fanclub/youre_beautiful
A blog set up - fans worldwide sent presents to them (quite crazy, I think) http://yabfighting.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment