Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Recommended Restaurant In Hong Kong - Central

Those in green font are those restaurant that I really like to visit, not merely because of the food, maybe also because of its value for money.


1) 勝香園 (shēng xiāng yuán)

A place (tai phai tong) for nice and cheap food. I have been there a few times, every time there will be long queue, so expect to wait. A few must order items:

Tomato soup mee

奶油脆脆 or 檸密脆脆 (toasted bread with condensed milk, Lemon Honey Crispy Crispy)

Address: 2 Mei Lun Street, Central (中環美輪街2號排檔)

Tel : 2544 8368

Opening hours : Mon to Sat: 08:00-17:30; Sun: 休息


2) 泰昌餅家 Tai Cheong Bakery

Very famous for its egg tarts, a must try item, recommended by ex-governor of Hong Kong.

Address: G/F, 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central (中環擺花街35號地下)


3) Tsim Chai Kee Noodle 沾仔記

I think this place is OK only, but I think I would recommend it as it is really value for money. A bowl of Wanton noodle only cost HK$16, which is very cheap for Hong Kong Standard. My brother thinks that the Wanton noodle is very nice though.

Address : Shop B, G/F Jade Centre, 98 Wellington Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central (中環蘭桂坊威靈頓街98號地下)


4) Wing Lok Yuen Restaurant 永樂園餐廳

I think this place is popular for its hot dog (熱狗王), I think not really because it tastes extremely nice, but value for money. 1 hot dog only cost aboutHK$12 (around there) and just imagine having lunch at this price in Central! Worth trying.

Address : G/F, 19 Chiu Lung Street,, Central (中環昭隆街 19 號地下)


5) Tsui Wah Restaurant 翠華餐廳

I like this restaurant as it has a lot of chinese style food to choose from and it tastes good. I don’t understand why a lot of Hong Kong people do not like this restaurant.

Address : G-2/F, 15-19 Wellington Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central (中環蘭桂坊威靈頓街15-19 號地下至二樓)


6) Sapporo Japanese Restaurant 札幌元祖北海道拉麵

I think the ramen here is really nice, comparable to the ones I tried in Japan. But I have to admit that it is pricey (about HK$85 per bowl). But it is worth it as long as it tastes good.

Address : The Forum, 8 Connaught Place, Central (中環康樂廣場8號交易廣場富臨閣11112)

Tel : 2140 6883


7) 吉壽日本料理 Kichi Jyu Japanese Restaurant

Have not tried this but seems to have a lot of good reviews and the dinner buffet is cheap at only HK$178. The recommended items are 銀鱈魚定食 (cod fish) and 北海道牛奶海鮮鍋

Address : 7/F, The Loop, 33 Wellington Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central

(中環蘭桂坊威靈頓街33The Loop 7)

Tel : 3586 3773 / 3586 3775


8) Clipper Lounge 快船廊

Have not tried this, but from the picture it seems that buffet has large crab legs, my favourite and the price per person is only HK$330, does not seem expensive though. They also seemed to have chocolate high tea at HK$230. I need to enquire and try soon!

Address : M/F, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Road Central, Central

(中環干諾道中5號香港文華東方酒店閣樓)

Tel : 2825 4007


9) Law Fu Kee 羅富記粥麵專家

A lot of colleagues like this shop, it is supposingly popular for porridge, I find it ok only. However I have to admit it is cheap for Central standard.

Address : G/F, 142 Queen's Rd C, Central (中環皇后大道中144號金利商業大廈地下)


10) The Flying Pan

Good choice of American style food, I like the smoked salmon with cheese omelets, and I usually go for brunch. Quite expensive though, about HK$80 per person.

Address : G/F, 9 Old Bailey Street, SOHO, Central (中環蘇豪奧卑利街9號地下)

Tel : 2140 6333


11) Tsukiji 築地日本料理

I have not tried this restaurant, but based on the pictures, the seafood ramen (海鮮拉麵) and cold crab (雪場蟹) looks delicious. Should try this one day.

Address : G/F, 46 Gage Street, Central (中環結志街46號地下)

Tel : 2542 3802


12 ) Flower Trump Restaurant 花滿樓京川滬菜

This Shanghai restaurant is good. The lunch set is really worth it. Favorite dishes includes 雞絲粉 (kai si fan pei), “si zi kau”, 松子魚/ 松子桂 (chung ji yu) and “shanghai dumpling” and 雲吞.

Address : Shop 1, G/F, Car Po Commercial Building, 18-20 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central (中環擺花街18-20號嘉寶商業大廈地下1號舖)

Tel : 2126 7265


13) Pearl Vietnamese Restaurant 明珠越南餐廳

I really hate Vietnam food, hence I have not tried a lot of Vietnamese restaurant. Among those I tried, this is the best and it’s cheap. I like the shredded chicken noodle and spring roll best.

Address : G/F, 7 Wo On Lane, Lan Kwai Fong, Central (中環蘭桂坊和安里七號地下)

Tel : 2522 4223


14 ) Peking Garden Restaurant 北京樓

I like this restaurant, it serves good Chinese food. The most popular should be Peking Duck, but it is rather expensive. 2 person will cost about HK$700.

Address : Alexandra House, Central (中環歷山大廈)

Tel : 2526-6456


13) Honolulu Coffee Shop 檀島咖啡餅店

Another place to buy nice egg tarts. Recommended.

Address : G/F, 33 Stanley St, Central (中環士丹利街33號地下)


14) Lian

The food here is quite nice, and very nice ambience but very expensive. Not really value for money and I won’t visit if there’s no one insisting. The pamelo salad and glutinous coconut mango desert is nice.

Address : Shop No.2004, 2/F, IFC Mall,No.1 Harbour View Street, Central (中環港景街1號國際金融中心商場Level2 2004號舖)

Tel : 2521 1117


15 ) The Square 翠玉軒

I tried the food here once with my client. The food was good, but again, very expensive. Will try again if there is any occasion.

Address : 4/F, Exchange Square II,, Central (中環交易廣場第二座4)

Tel : 2525 1163


16) The Annexx

The set lunch is worth it, HK$129+ for 3 courses. Been here a few times. The salmon salad is really nice. The cheese cake is excellent too.

Address: 中環蘭桂坊德己立街34-36號加州美樂大廈4

Tel : 2877 9779


17) 中國 Zhong Guo Song

Has a variety of nice chinese home cooked food, and nice soup too. I frequently go for lunch here when I was working in Central.

Address: 中環蘭桂坊和安里6號地下

Tel : 2810 4040

No comments:

Post a Comment