Friday, October 1, 2010

Final profit from sales of last batch of I Phone 4

The sales of I Phone 4 was officially launched on 31 July 2010. I have received my 2nd batch and last batch of I phone 4 on 15 September and 24 September 2010 respectively. I am supposed to receive the last batch of I phone on 15 Sept too, but because of the stupid Apple that made mistake and block my delivery, I have effectively lost HK$4k+.

I realised Apple have extremely bad customer service. I have not encountered any customer service that is either
1) engaged for the whole day
2) when it is not engaged, after you key in the relevant options, the automated message tells you that their customer service is busy and not free to answer your call, ask you to call back later and cut off your line
3) when you are so lucky that they do not cut off your line, you can experience waiting for as long as 5 hours and yet there is no one who answered your call!!! In one instance, I started calling as early as 8.50am (although the operating hours is 9am), managed to get on the queue and waited till after lunch at 2pm+ and still no one answer my call!

Below is the summary of my earnings for I Phone 4:
Batch 1 - Sold 1 32 GB on 30 Aug for HK$7,450
Batch 2 - Sold 1 16 GB on 11 Sept for HK$6,400
Batch 3 - Sold 1 32 GB on 13 Sept for HK$7,000
Batch 4 - Sold 4 32 GB on 15 Sept for HK$7,050
Batch 5 - Sold 4 32 GB on 1 Oct for HK$5,950

So effectively, I paid HK$354 for me new I Phone 32 GB and get 2 free 2 year mobile phone contract from "3" and Smartone.

Not a bad exercise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment