Monday, May 9, 2011

Business Trip To Beijing









Stayed at China World Hotel for 10 days for my business trip. Had to travel to office for about 45 minutes each day. The air in Beijing is so polluted, that I feel like vomiting and giddy after breathing the air on my way back to hotel (yes, the taxi drivers here do not switch on air-cond, but wind down the window screen).

I would say it is really dangerous and not pleasant to stay here for long. I took the subway and there are old woman (beggars) that will touch you and follow you to ask you for money. When I exit from the subway, there was a man who offers fortune telling and when I ignored him, he followed me. When I went to Xidan and wanted to flag for a cab, there were cars stopping to act as taxi to offer you a ride. There was also people approaching you to offer you transportation and they will follow you even if you said you do not need the transportation. Finally when I got a cab and while I was waiting for the woman to get off the car, a man went in to the seat next to the driver seat (cut queue). Although this is very common in GZ, this is the first time I encountered this in Beijing. I ended up taking the subway.

I just get very irritated with all these incidents that I ended up staying in the hotel room in the weekend and gave up the idea of sightseeing in Beijing.

No comments:

Post a Comment