Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Business Trip To Tokyo

Lunch at Itamae sushi near my office
My crab meal












This is the correct direction to go to the crab shop
I was given the opportunity to accompany my boss on business trip to Tokyo. I reached Tokyo on Tuesday night at 10pm. I went to Raponggi with my boss for dinner. We went to a sushi shop. I only took some sushi since it is late at night already.

On Wednesday, it was the first day at Tokyp office. We had a lot of meeting lined up and didn't have chance to go out for dinner. The staff helped us to pack some lunch box set. Although it was only lunch box set, it was really delicious. No doubt all food in Japan are delicious. We had a team dinner at night at a sushi restaurant. The local staff ordered the food, huh, didn't have the opportunity to order what I want.

On Thursday, we again had a lot of meeting lined up and during lunch, my boss went to Ginza to buy souvenir and I went with him. No time for lunch again since we had only 30 minutes in Ginza. I just bought some cheese cake for lunch and walked around for a while, nothing much to see in Ginza. We went for dinner with my boss's friend. She brought us to a local Yakatori shop and ordered for us. The food is really delicious, I guess local Japanese knows how to order! I have tried the "Osaka fried egg" in Osaka and find it normal. But the one she ordered here taste great. But all food portion was small, I didn't really have enough food.

On Friday, my last night here...Initially wanted to leave punctually so that I can walk around and buy some souvenirs...Howevere, unsuccessful...only left office at about 8pm. I went to Ikebukoro and bought some biscuits as souvenirs. I then went to my favourite ramen shop and queued up for about 1 hour before I get a seat in the ramen shop, and finally had my dinner at about 10.30pm.

On Saturday, the last day, I woke up early in the morning to go to Shinjuku. Initially planned to have lunch and then walk around Shinjuku. When I reached Shinjuku, it took me some time to search for the crab shop since it has been a while since I went to Shinjuku. The restaurant served the food at such a slow pace too and in the end I had to go back to the hotel right after lunch to depart to airport. Didn't have chance to walk around Shinjuku

No comments:

Post a Comment