Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Trip On Superstar Virgo, Singapore - 25 to 27 August 2010


Day 1

I took the 2:50pm firefly flight to S'pore on 25 Aug. Firefly is so much better than Air Asia, we can save travelling time since we just need to go to Subang Airport instead of KLIA and there is no delay at all for the flight. I reached S'pore at about 5:10pm and took the shuttle bus from budget terminal to terminal 2. I then took the MRT from Changi to Harbourfront... departed 5:20pm and reached at 5:50pm. As expected, it was really convenient and cheap to travel in S'pore. I had dinner at Vivo city and then went to Harbourfront Shopping Complex to wait for boarding. We arrived at the cruise terminal at 7:20pm but the boarding time starts at 8:00pm.

I waited for a while and then heard an announcement that we actually need to check in before boarding. The queue was long but luckily passengers for Balcony Class has another shorter queue. It took me about 15 min to check in and then queued up for boarding. I started boarding at about 8:20pm.

The room is ok, but not really nice. The bathroom was small but the water pressure for the shower is high, so I had a good time bathing. I went for dinner at about 10pm at Mediterranean Terrace, after taking a short tour  at the cruise. The food is so so only.

Day 2





I woke up the next morning at 9.45am, and left immediately for breakfast because the breakfast session is until 10am only. Today is mainly eating, eating and eating. I went to Bella Vista for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The service was really slow. It was buffet style, but we can only order 1 set at a time separately for appetizer, main course or dessert. I went back to the room to rest and overslept in the afternoon. I woke up in time at about 7:10pm to see the sunset, which lasted for about 1 minute only.

The night programme of watching the Rasputin performance was the best part of this cruise trip. The performance starts from 9pm and lasted till 9:50pm. I regretted arriving late at 9:20pm and missed part of the performance, all because of the slow service in Bella Vista restaurant (we had our dinner from 7:30pm to 9:20pm !!!) The Rasputin performance had mixture of acrobatics, dance and "gymnastic" kind of performance.

We had chocolate party buffet at 10pm at the deck and I went to the "Galaxy of Stars" to listen to music and watch the crew dancing till 12am, and then went for supper again before I went back to sleep.

5 meals today - breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper - it's difficult not to put on weight!

Day 3




We had to check out from the room at 12pm and leave the cruise at 1pm. I went to Vivo City and had fruit tart at Fruit Tart Shop, it was really delicious....It has cheese base or chocolate base. I started ordering 1 tart, then added another one.

I don't have anywhere to check in my luggage in advance, so had to travel from 2pm to 8pm with the luggage. I left Vivo City at about 3pm and reached Bugis at about 4pm. I went to Bugis Junction and then to Bugis Street and ate there. I went to Changi Airport at 6pm+ and reached the airport at about 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment