Friday, August 20, 2010

Recent New Korea Drama Recommendation and Review

Prosecutor Princess

The rating was not that great but I choose to watch this drama first as I like Kim So Yun. I find this drama really interesting, perhaps I like this kind of genre, although some of my colleagues didn't like it.

The story is about Ma Hye Ri, from a rich family became a prosecutor because being forced by her dad. She wears fashionable clothing to work, what you won't expect from a prosecutor. The male lead, Seo In Wook is interesting too. Although he is not handsome, but his character is really cool, clever, rich, humorous, thoughtful, caring etc.

Overall, I do like this drama :)

My Rating : 7/10

Personal Taste

I had high expectation on this drama because of the storyline. A guy, pretending to be a gay, to become housemate of a woman. Fresh storyline plus pretty lead actress and handsome lead actor. However, the story was quite flat, I think, since I don't have the urge to continue watching after each episode (chase for the next episode)

Lee Min Ho's acting is much better compared to his acting in Boys Over Flower. I thought he can't act in BOF, but realised he can actually act in this drama. This drama is worth watching too especially in watching the handsome Lee Min Ho and pretty Son Ye Jin.

My Rating : 7/10

Oh! My Lady

Have not watch this, but will watch this after Prosecutor Princess. Not sure whether it is not or not, but I kind of like the story. A popular singer and her "manager" who falls in love. I don't think Chae Rim is pretty here and matches Choi Si Won, but I am looking forward to this drama because I like Choi Si Won.

My Rating : ?/10

Baker King Kim Tak Goo

I have not watched this, but this drama get very high rating in Korea and it is still airing. Rating exceeded 40% which is amazing, when normal dramas only get 10+% rating at the most and some get <10%. It's a story about 2 stepbrother from rich family, their feud etc. I don't know any of the lead actor and actresses except Eugene. I like her, but too bad, she will be acting as a villian.

It should be worth watching due to the extremely high ratings.

My Rating : ?/10

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho (Gumiho= vixen in chinese drama) - Highly Recommended

I am already looking forward to this drama since the script was written by famous writer who wrote my famous dramas (e.g. You Are Beautiful, My Sassy Girl Chun Hyang). The story is about a guy who has a gumiho girlfriend. The girlfriend will have supernatural powers and should be a very funny drama. I like Lee Seung Gi (not handsome but have good image) and Shin Min Ah (not very pretty but passable).

I can already rate this drama now, even though it has only aired 4 episodes and I have not watched it.

My Rating : 10/10

Sungkyungkwan Scandal

This drama has not aired but I am looking forward to it, mainly because of the interesting storyline. People said it is the historical version of you are beautiful. It is about a girl who dresses as a guy to study in a school. And naturally, she will fall in love with the student there. It sounds like chinese version of "Butterfly Lover". It also stars Micky Yoochoon of TVXQ (my favourite Korean artist). The lead actress is not very pretty but looks innocent and likeable.

Mischievous Kiss

This is the Korean version of Taiwanese It Started With A Kiss. I didn't like the Taiwan version although it had very high rating, and am not looking forward to this Korean version. The lead is Kim Hyung Jung, and he can't convince me he can act in BOF. Hopefully his acting skills will improve in this drama. The lead actress is really not pretty too. Ariel Lin is much prettier.

Hence, I am not anticipating this drama, will try to watch but doubt that I will be addicted to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment