Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Selling I Phone 4 In Hong Kong

When I Phone 4 was launched in HK in July, I thought those people who queued up at midnight to buy the i phone must be crazy. After a few days, I learnt from my colleague that her sister queued up to buy the I Phone and sold it after a few days at HK$10k+, when the cost was only HK$5,888. Now I understand why there are so many people who queue up!

After 2 weeks, I saw a lot of people queueing up outside a restaurant to purchase I Phone sold by "3", and the brochure said that "you can get the I Phone immediately". It will usually take a few weeks to get hold of your phone after you place the order. I again thought what is the rush to get the phone, it is more expensive and I might as well order through my company's corporate plan at a cheaper monthly rate.

The next day, I learnt that my colleague bought 2 phones and still managed to sell it on the same day at HK$8,800. I really didn't expect that the resale price is still so high after 2 weeks.

So I decided to order for the phone immediately (through "3"), on 11 August and I received the phone at 30 Aug when I went back to HK. I sold it immediately at HK$7,450, I paid HK$7,732 for the phone and 24 months contract ($248 per month), so in effect my earnings are paying HK$300 for my phone and 24 months contract. However, I learnt that the resale price has increased to HK$7,800 today! Huh, I lost HK$350 already :(

I actually ordered another phone through "Smartone" on 20 August and called the sales today to check when will my phone arrive. Apparently there is shortage of stock and I can only get it in another 2 weeks time...huh...I want to get it and sell it as soon as possible.

I also ordered a few more phones from Apple store, I hope I can receive it soon and sell it, and use the earnings to buy I Pad :)

2 I Phone ordered on 21 Aug, expected delivery date is 17 Sept
4 I Phone ordered on 31 Aug midnight, expected delivery date is 29 Sept
4 I Phone ordered on 1 Sept, expected delivery date is 14 Oct (the delivery time has increased from3 weeks to 5 weeks, hope I can make more money due to the fact of short supply)

Below are links I found that updates the daily price of HK I Phone:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141162705915012&v=wall&ref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136149589761588&v=wall&ref=ts
http://iphone4hongkong.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment